Has frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer left you with dry, cracked skin? In recent times, it is more important than ever to make sure we are protecting ourselves from COVID-19, by taking extra precautions and constantly washing and sanitizing our hands. But many of us tend to forget, that with over-washing and excessive use of hand sanitizers, we are damaging our skin and drying it out, leading to cracking and bleeding hand skin. The alcohol in sanitizers is the main cause of drying out our hands, since every time we apply it, it sucks all the necessary moisture out of our pores. Overusing hand sanitizer can also kill good bacteria, and cause severe hand dermatitis.
Ways in which hand sanitizer can damage the skin
- May cause skin irritation of rashing and itching skin.
- Contains toxic chemicals such as methanol, parabens, phthalates, and more.
- Weakens immune system
To help in repairing our dry and vulnerable sanitized skin, hand creams can be major benefactors. Cammellatte Camel Milk Hand Cream combats the negative side effects of hand sanitizers.Camel Milk Hand Cream - Lanolin in camel milk locks in the moisture, keeping the skin hydrated. Omega Fatty Acids 3,6 & 9 in camel milk create a natural oil barrier on the skin keeping it hydrated. Phospholipids in camel milk attract water and hold on to it. Coconut Oil helps keep the skin moisturized and soft.
You are more susceptible to getting a sunburn on your hands - This side effect is due to the fact that the alcohol in the hand sanitizer dries up your skin, causing it to have thinner layers, allowing the sun’s harmful rays to penetrate deeper into your hands.
Camel Milk Hand Cream - Vitamin E in Camel Milk Hand Cream has a protective effect against UV rays. That's because vitamin E can absorb the energy from ultraviolet (UV) light and prevent UV-induced free radical damage to the skin. Camel Milk contains very high concentrations of unique immune proteins. They are small and powerful, being able to penetrate skin cells and help fight off inflammation, boosting skin's immunity and defenses.
Hand sanitizers can increase the risk of skin disorders - Increased contact with irritants and allergens may increase the risk of hand dermatitis or hand eczema because dissolving the skin lipids weakens the skin barrier. For this reason, it’s important to use hand moisturizers that can restore skin lipids and moisture level, with ingredients like ceramides.
Camel Milk Hand Cream - A high concentration of vitamins A, B, C, D & E are all naturally abundant in camel milk. They have repairing properties supporting natural skin rejuvenation. Camel milk is loaded with lactic acid that’s considered to be the most friendly acid for sensitive skin and helps increase skin's production of ceramides, resulting in a plumper, glowing skin.
How to protect your hands
- When washing or sanitizing your hands: Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds in lukewarm water. Dry your hands with a clean towel but leave some water on them. You can also let your hands air dry after applying. While your hands are slightly damp, apply Cammellatte Camel Milk Hand Cream, making sure you work some of the hand cream into your fingertips and nails.
- When applying hand sanitizer: apply the hand cream immediately after the hand sanitizer dries, making sure you work some of the hand cream into your fingertips and nails.
- Keep the hand cream next to your soap, on your desk, and in your purse to reapply multiple times a day
Cammellatte hand cream is always:
Paraben Free - Sulfate Free - Phthalate Free - Mineral Oil Free - Formaldehyde Free - Synthetic Fragrance-Free - Gluten-Free - Cruelty-Free