The skin is the largest most important part of the body. It protects every organ that lies beneath the surface and plays a major role in how we represent ourselves. Taking care of the skin is something everyone should take very seriously if they care about their overall health and wellbeing.
Anything you put on your skin is then absorbed into the rest of your body. If you aren’t aware of what’s going on your skin, then you should take mental note of the ingredients we researched and DO NOT recommend putting them on your skin. These types of chemicals can cause further damage to your skin and your overall health and are sadly commonly found in a ton of personal care products.
- Sulfates are used for lathering purposes and can irritate the skin, eyes, mouth, and lungs. Multiple haircare, makeup, and face cleansers have sulfates used in their formulation. If you have sensitive skin, sulfates can also clog your pores and cause further acne. Try and avoid this ingredient in ALL your personal care products.
- Parabens are the ingredient used to help in preserving personal care products. They increase the shelf life of a product for many months, which is the main factor in why so many companies like to use them in their products. Parabens are able to penetrate the skin and remain within the tissue. This ingredient is thought to be harmful because it mimics estrogen in the body and can interfere with the reproductive system and brain functions. Parabens are most commonly found in hair care, cosmetics, detergents, and skincare.
- Phthalates are used as a softener in products, altering the consistency. The use of phthalates has been shown to lead to negativities including endocrine disruption, cancer, and development, and reproductive problems with men and women. You can find this harmful ingredient in nail polishes, moisturizers, hair care, and detergents.
- Formaldehyde is a colorless, flammable, gas, used to keep products from contamination when opened and stored. You should stress to yourself to keep this ingredient out of your skincare because it can cause skin irritation and rashes/burns. Companies try and use this ingredient under different names such as formalin, to hide its true character, although it is known as a carcinogen. It is most commonly used in skincare and cosmetics.
5. Mineral oil
- Mineral oil is commonly found in skincare in order to give it a smoothing silky texture when applied to the skin. It is derived from petroleum and does not absorb into the skin very well, instead, it lies on the surface of the skin. Mineral oil is frowned down upon for multiple reasons, starting with the fact that it can clog pores, and even worse, be a reflector of the sun, causing skin damage.
You should always check the labels on your products carefully and make sure that you are taking the proper steps to keep them off your skin. All of Cammellatte’s products are paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalates-free, mineral oil-free, and formaldehyde-free because we know what’s better for your skin. So are you ready to shun these from your skincare routine for the better? Take action today by switching to our highly effective all-natural body-care line here